RUSHVILLE - An electrical issue is being blamed for a fire that destroyed a bunkhouse on the Casey Hinn Ranch 22 miles south of Rushville on Monday.

A small portion of a shelter belt was also burned. 

The Gordon Volunteer Fire Department answered the mutual aid call to help assist with firefighting and containment.

Many times when small town fire departments respond to fires such as this, water becomes an issue. However, the Rushville and Gordon departments, over the past several years, made fixing that problem a priority and arrived on scene with over 12,000 gallons of water in their tanker trucks at their disposal.